Alice Deal continues our tradition of strong interscholastic athletics and the development of well-rounded student athletes. Last year, Deal won a number of City championships and our athletic offerings continue to grow. Deal has competitive athletic teams in: Soccer, Basketball, Girls volleyball, Cheerleading, Football, Baseball, Softball, Cross-country and Track.
- Alice Deal Athletics Calendar – This calendar shows practice schedules, games, meets, etc. for all athletic activities.
- Health Forms – Most health forms can be found here (Asthma Action Plan form is here).
For more information contact:
Coach Neal Downing, Athletic Director
Please schedule your sports physical asap! Students need an updated physical each school year.
The following forms must be submitted before a student will be allowed to try out for any team.
- Emergency Treatment Form 2014
- Asthma Action Plan/Plan for Anaphylaxis 2014
- Consent for Athletic Participation 2014
- DCPS Universal Health Certificate Form - This form must be completed, signed and stamped by the doctor. Some physicians require up to two weeks to return this paperwork to you. Please be aware of this and plan accordingly.
If you can’t schedule with your primary care doctor, you can always go to a CVS Pharmacy Minute Clinic for a sports physical. Please note that if a child has previously been diagnosed with asthma and does not require an inhaler, please do not list asthma on your emergency treatment form. If you do, the child must have the prescribed inhaler at all DCPS competitions (inhalers are checked by the athletic trainer). Please make sure that the parent/guardian signatures, the doctor’s signaturewith office stamp, and the child’s signature appear on the completed forms where applicable. If the child is new to Alice Deal, we need a copy of the student’s academic transcript.