Volunteering with the PTA at Deal doesn’t have to be a year-long commitment. There are many ways throughout the year to lend a hand to make Deal a great school, even if you have only an hour or two to spare. To volunteer, simply contact the person who is coordinating the event/activity. Or download the PTA volunteer form to get started.
- Auction – (February 23, 2013)
Help with the PTA’s biggest annual fundraiser, which is always a fun evening for Deal parents and staff. Solicit or donate items, design invitations, write or edit the catalog, provide computer support, plan or prepare food, decorate, check in or check out bidders, tend bar or clean up after the party.
- Career Day ─ (November 1, 2012)
Share information about your job or career with a homeroom class on “Career Day.” Contact: Ana Hernandez
- Chaperone School Parties ─ On-site attendance at Halloween, Spring and Class parties, Sponsored by Student Council. Contact: Natalie Dias
- Politics and Prose Bookfair – (November 3-4, 2012)
Help the school raise books and money for the library and classrooms.
Contact: Anne Joyce
- Foreign Language Fundraising – Help Language Department plan events to raise funds for student trips abroad.
- Grant Writing ─ Help to identify and apply for grants to supplement Deal’s academic and extracurricular programs, and help teachers identify and apply for grants for classroom projects or professional development. Contact: Diana Rojas
- History Fair ─ (March 18-22, 2013)
Be a Judge – Parents and others with backgrounds in research, writing and analysis (not just historians) are invited to serve as Judges (50 judges are needed, including those with backgrounds in journalism, history, museum studies, law, etc.). Volunteers are also needed to help with registration and set-up.
- Holiday Greens Sale ─ Sell holiday greens on first two weekends in December 1-2 , 2012 and December 8-9, 2012. Contact: Steve Agostino
- Hospitality ─ Organize refreshments for school events (Career Day, parent workshops, key PTA meetings, etc.). Contact: Amy Thompson
- Ice Cream Social – (May 2013)
Scoop ice cream, serve drinks, set up or clean up for this school-wide party after the Spring concert.
- International Night – (October 11, 2012) Coordinate a food table or bring your favorite dish to share in this celebration of Deal’s rich cultural diversity and our new official status as an International Baccalaureate school!
- Newsletter ─ Write articles or take pictures for the PTA newsletter
Contact: Kim Gross
- Website – Write articles, take pictures, help maintain the Deal website.
Contact: Anna Callon
- Open Houses ─ (November and December 2012, and January 2013)
Welcome potential families to Deal and direct them in visiting classes during the day. Contact: Amy Murphy and Maria Petaros
- Printing Facilities ─ Provide printing services for free or at reduced prices for printing for the PTA.
- Safeway/Giant eScrip ─ Promote parent participation. Enter grocery card numbers into database. Contact: Lesa Holmes
- School Spirit Items ─ Help create and sell special Deal items like T-shirts, stickers, bags, and pencils. Contact: Sue Longo Wright
- Science Fair ─ (February 2013)
Be a Judge – Parents and others with a range of backgrounds are invited to serve as Judges (individuals are needed with backgrounds or careers in science, math, medicine, technology, clinical care, engineering, architecture, etc.). Or, help with set-up, planning, and hospitality.
- Teacher Appreciation – Plan special lunch/breakfast or gifts to thank teachers for their excellent work with our kids. Contact: Anne DiRosa
- Deal Directory – Assist with preparation and compilation of the Directory.
Contact: Kindra Tully